Groundhog Day

Super Bowl, and all that crap. By the time the "Big Game" comes on, I'll have finally drifted off to sleep (keep a good thought).
Anyway, sleepless again after a weekend of work (just the weekend).

Thought I would check in to give you the news, in case you missed it. According to CNN, Punxatawny is now located in Philadelphia.  True. During their coverage of the celebration and froo-froo surrounding the rodent, CNN had a descriptor in the top left corner of the screen, "Punxatawny, Philadelphia".

I get a kick out of this kind of goofy mistake. It makes me fantasize about getting work as a proof-reader for news tickers (those things running along the bottom of the TV screen have a name which is eluding me now...) and maybe for ethnic restaurants that struggle with English on their menus.

But, for one thing, that kind of service either doesn't exist, or doesn't pay what it does in my dreams. And, more importantly, anyone that follows my blogs already knows that I'm not kwalifide.

I hate football, or more accurately, professional sports in general, so take it for what it's worth. Denver by 6, take the over. (I pulled that out of my ass, in deference to family and friends in the Denver area).

Oh, and feel free to have roast groundhog today. The tooth-some little prick is calling for 6 more weeks of winter...

(On that note, there is ALWAYS six more weeks of winter around here, more or less, on February 2nd. Think, that just takes you to the middle of March...Now if the rodent could predict accurately that we get six MONTHS straight of snowy blizzards from now, then we'd be talking...)






Just one reason to be leery of sports. I have many more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Intrepid Reporter is Eye-Ball Deep in it Again

Vershire School

The Psychics and My Town