Old Bartenders

Your mileage may vary depending on experience, geography, and ambition.





Good essay on waiting tables while aging.

"Lately I have been sensitive to my waning years in the business. At a crossroads of still needing to earn money, yet spending all I do earn on chiropractic visits, extra-strength Motrin and replacing the 1960s metal in my teeth, I face a dilemma. I have become accustomed to cash in my pocket, fabulous foods and wines, and a comfortable lifestyle. Still, I also recognize that some of the most valuable moments in life are the quiet times money can’t buy. So any chance of giving up a shift and spending the evening reading a good book is readily taken."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Intrepid Reporter is Eye-Ball Deep in it Again

Vershire School

The Psychics and My Town