Bartending Lately

   I've done the politics, the philosophizing, the religion. All of that here. I've done damn little about the "behind the bar" stuff.

  I'm only working two catering places, and the jobs are very infrequent. 2-3 a month. They're a frenzy of pushing out drinks, but usually open bar. So it's just "take this product, and shove it over the counter to those people". Simple stuff. We don't have the product or the tools to get fancy. And the situation doesn't demand it. Restaurant work is a little more interesting in that, as Tom Waits would say, we can "getchya a little sumptin' that ya can't get at home". For what it is, the pay's not too bad, but it's so infrequent, it turns out just to be basically cigarette and gas money. I need a regular job.

  It turns out to be convenient this month as I have to kind of watch over Suziema's recuperation. September may have a new place for me. It looks promising. Keeping my hopes up. It's not easy finding the right place to fit in at my age. The biz has changed drastically over the past 20 years...And so have I.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Intrepid Reporter is Eye-Ball Deep in it Again

Vershire School

The Psychics and My Town