Christian Cowardice

From a message to a guy that blocked me from a thread for what I deemed to be no good reason:

y

Chat Conversation Start
7 minutes ago
It takes my time and effort to contribute to your thread. To waste my contribution so capriciously speaks of an argument that can't hold up under scrutiny. It is not "Christian", nor is it honest to block me.
It is, simply, cowardly.

I didn't "block" you - I removed you from my contacts list is all - and I am not interested in your criticisms or your opinions, I didn't even know who the hell you were until you suddenly appeared on my thread with your arguments, and now you have the gall and temerity to call me a "coward"? Who the crap do you think you are? Please don't contact me again - Jerk!
_________________
Questions that can't be answered v answers that can't be questioned?
Is your belief that timid?

And that was the final block.
So many  damn religious people want to be sure that you've heard the "good news", but it seems that very few have heard, nor care to hear, the logical, ethical, and moral refutations of their story. It's as if they've accepted the faith without thinking about it. And once accepted, they refuse to think again.
They were talking about the whole "God is love" thing, and the guy is a self-proclaimed Episcopalian educated in theology. I never even got the chance to get into the whole Henry VIII / Church of England thing, and the church being the rationale for whitewashing the crimes of the British Empire. He had a hair trigger on the blocking thing, as you can tell from the quick response to my message.
I just thought the whole exchange was a good example of the true meaning of "Christian Love". I may have problems with his religiosity, but I'm more than willing to discuss and examine the issue. His choice (and the choice of so many like him) is to refuse to engage, to refuse the slightest risk of stepping outside of his bubble.

And I'm the "jerk"?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Intrepid Reporter is Eye-Ball Deep in it Again

Vershire School

The Psychics and My Town