Montreal/Toronto/Niagara September 2014



Jean-Talon Market in Little Italy. Montreal. I could live in these markets and never leave. But they close. And I have to work, and stuff.







Suziema and I just got back from a wonderful and wonder-filled trip for a week in Canada. The food, the people, the culture! We figured that we ate (or drank) in over 15 countries in a week. Thailand, Vietnam, France, The U. S., Canada, England, Russia, Greece, Afghanistan, Japan, China, Jamaica, Israel, Spain, missed Brazil ( but not by much...next time)...and a few others, I think. Many thoughts on my return, but have to filter out the experience and feelings. I love Canada. Makes me think of what we do so wrong in the states.






Rush Week Party at University of Toronto
Street Scenes/ Kensington, Toronto
From a menu posted outside a Tibetan Restaurant in Kensington. Among many Asian selections was this nugget...

Street Scenes/ Kensington, Toronto

Below:School kids in Montreal taking a walk. They're not tethered, as I originally thought, but it looks like a game for them to all keep hanging on to a rope or swath of cloth, or whatever, and they never let go, and stay together.


 

Fetish art in a gallery on Rue St-Paul Oest in Montreal.

With Suziema in a selfie at the falls.








Saw this lady struggling on the cobblestones of a driveway and offered my arm for support. She spoke no English, and I, no French, so she clung to my arm and we strolled together for quite a few blocks. Suziema thought it was funny, and said she might have been a hooker...
All affairs must end, and so we parted ways on friendly terms.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Intrepid Reporter is Eye-Ball Deep in it Again

Vershire School

The Psychics and My Town