Duck, Duck, BOOK!


Friendly Atheist, Hemant Mehta, weighs in on a stupid joke from the people of Duck Dynasty.


http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2013/09/06/why-duck-dynasty-patriarch-phil-robertsons-joke-about-atheists-makes-no-sense/


"Incidentally, in God Is Not Great, Christopher Hitchens brings up a very similar scenario. He recalls a panel where he was asked to imagine himself in a strange city late one night:
Now — would I feel safer, or less safe, if I was to learn that they were just coming from a prayer meeting?… I was able to answer it as if it were not hypothetical. “Just to stay within the letter ‘B,’ I have actually had that experience in Belfast, Beirut, Bombay, Belgrade, Bethlehem, and Baghdad. In each case I can say absolutely, and can give my reasons, why I would feel immediately threatened if I thought that the group of men approaching me in the dusk were coming from a religious observance.”  "

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Intrepid Reporter is Eye-Ball Deep in it Again

Vershire School

The Psychics and My Town