How Does One Pronounce "Abita". Ask Your Friends

I have had issues with it. I don't care. I have a few friends on a private page and I made a game. This is only for those on the page, so please, don't get involved...Names and numbers are blocked out for the purposes of this post anyway....

_____________________________________________________________________________
I need some help. A bizarre idea that came to mind tonight, after work. Give me a moment to set this up. I had a job tending bar for a loge at the Youngstown State game tonight, and it was a pretty easy gig, except it turns out the caterer was a few bodies short, and so I became the guy to load the van, and unload the van, then rinse, repeat, afterward. I'm tending bar for one loge, and ended up doing the work for 4 loges...And it beat the living shit out of me, which has next to nothing to do with why I'm sending this.
Anyway, I get through it, and go home for a beer, and pour myself a big glass of rye with some Peychaud's and sit in a hot bath. Which, also has next to nothing to do with this.
Anyway, my mind wandered to my upcoming trip to NOLA in a couple of months, and my last trip, last year. We got off the plane, got to the hotel, unloaded, and the four of us went out for a drink. We ended up at a local Mexican place the kids had been to before. I went to the men's room, then wandered by the bar to figure out what to drink.
I see the beer taps, and ask the bartender for an Abita. (Drink locally when you don't know.) Well, turns out that a name like "Abita" could be pronounced a few ways, and whichever way I chose, probably was not right....
I got a blank stare, and had to point to the tap. It got an eye roll and a laugh from the bartender.
Anyway, tonight, I'm laying in the bath, big drink in hand, thinking back on this story, and got a rather silly idea...And, for the life of me, couldn't remember which was the right way to say it, and which was laughably silly.
So...you can participate, or not. And to whatever level you wish. I have two months.
The idea (silly as it is) is to have you call me. As the phone is answered, with either me, or my girlfriend, at any time, day or night, and you hear one of us say, "Hello?" You answer, "Abita". (in the proper pronunciation, or not, if you want to fuck with us) and hang up. And do it as often as you feel like it. If you get voice mail, just hang up. I'm usually good around 1AM (Your time). But anytime you like, and ONLY if you like.
And, as the phone #s are going out to our bitterbudz, if any of you have the feeling that you would like us to have the proper pronunciation of anything you feel we may have issues with, go ahead.
Remember, this is coming from a drunk and tired idiot, who thinks this may be fun.
So...Blahhhh.

Cell: 2*********
Home 3*********
Seriously.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Intrepid Reporter is Eye-Ball Deep in it Again

Vershire School

The Psychics and My Town