Interviews

   One more interview, one more blow-off. Corporate place. I could have been better prepared. But it was the typical, terse, corporate questions that they had on a sheet. "Why do you want to work here?" Answer."Blah, blah, blah, you have a nice menu and the place looks great, blah, di blah, di blah." And all the time thinking, "I really don't. I need a job, you give me one, I'll like you. But so far, I already know you don't think I'm right for you, and you're probably right. I feel the same." I got the feeling that they weren't really looking for anyone (certainly not me), but had a policy that they give anyone an app that asks, and everyone an interview that fills one out. They were at least considerate enough to tell me that "we're not moving forward on this." Corporate playbook-speak. They had that down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Intrepid Reporter is Eye-Ball Deep in it Again

Vershire School

The Psychics and My Town