Interview Again.

   Why do they spring them on me? No sleep, and they asked me to call them this morning to set something up. Instead, they called ME, an hour earlier than I was going to call them, right in the middle of my first REM sleep in about a week, and told me where to be in an hour and a half.

  Stomach is still screwed up from dinner of greasy leftover pasta. Head is...well...rough. We do "interviews", then and there...Great. Cattle call. And they wonder why I get to be so cynical.

  I'm half of a notion of doing it ala the Lily Tomlin character when she interviewed for the Presidential secretary job in The West Wing. Well, not in drag, but you get what I mean.

Debbie Fidderer interview with Jed Bartlett, Part II. (I couldn't find Part I, which is very funny).:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7dxxpvQ5qs

Update.

  I got the job. Sort of. It's for a banquet gig, and I'm probably just going to be a set-up, break-down guy. Maybe bartend, but it doesn't look like it. They just needed bodies for this one gig. Going to be more like an audition. It wasn't really a "cattle-call". I was the only one there.

  They had me hired before my ass hit the seat. Reputable caterer. But they seemed desperate for people. Not necessarily a bad sign, but not necessarily good. It was...let's say...convenient for me. Never talked money. Just paperwork to fill out, what to wear, and where and when to go. I'll keep you posted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Intrepid Reporter is Eye-Ball Deep in it Again

Vershire School

The Psychics and My Town