More Weiner Updates: Hubris Is Blind

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/07/anthony-weiner-falls-hard-in-latest-poll/

When you're in the middle of the battle, you often can't understand legitimate questions. Fourth in the polls in 2 weeks, and everybody calling for him to drop out. And he gets defensive. Politics, business, and religion have a hard time facing the truth.

  His reaction is predictable. That's what makes it so sad. Here was a guy that would rip an argument to pieces by sheer intellect and logic and passion. This one's just not going to go his way. And he doesn't get it.

   His mayoral bid hasn't got 3 days of life left. The clock is ticking on his withdrawal. Likely tonight. When the air goes out on these things, they tend to fall apart suddenly.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Excuse me? You're blaming politics, business and religion? How about just plain old personal integrity? Admittedly, I could just be missing something.
Unknown said…
Sorry. I don't follow you. I do think it's an integrity thing. Ego interferes with integrity. In this case, at least. He's gone from hero to joke. There's a brief scene in The Newsroom where Will calls Weiner to leave a message. "Weiner. Call me. You're getting terrible advice." He is. Or he's not listening to people that obviously know better. Anyway. Hero to joke. In the snap of a finger. His legacy had potential. And like Kaiser Souse', it's gone.
Unknown said…
Oh. And I'm not blaming politics, business, and religion for this. I'm making a comparison. They all suffer similar fates. Sorry that I wasn't clear. My writing sucks.
Anonymous said…
Your writing doesn't suck. If it did, I wouldn't bother. I thought so and said so, that I might be missing something in what you said. And so you clarified it. I did misunderstand.
Anonymous said…
You must think I disagree with you on everything. It just seems that I'm more moved to respond to what I consider more provocative topics. I do agree with you on a lot, too. Especially politics. And using reasoning.
Unknown said…
No. It's the written English word. It can confuse. It's the nature of the beast. The only cure is to be boringly precise and literal. Glad I could clarify it. If you translated it another way than I intended, then others may as well, and that's something I'd rather clear up. Thanks.
Unknown said…
I intend this blog to be informative, entertaining, thought-provoking, provocative, controversial, and CLEAR. If clarity suffers, the whole thing goes to shit. So it's better I be called on it.
Unknown said…
"Let me perfectly clear about that."
Anonymous said…
I don't even know what to say about that. lol

Popular posts from this blog

Your Intrepid Reporter is Eye-Ball Deep in it Again

Vershire School

The Psychics and My Town