Rotating Suziema's Tires

   Time for Suziema to have her tires rotated this morning. (Hip replacement surgery). She goes under the knife (or up on the lift?), and I take charge of the house for a couple of weeks. (Sort of). Daunting. I should be in bed. So, g'night.

Update:
Dropped her off, they wheeled her away...2 more hours, and back I go...She's a little nervous, but doing fine. She's a trooper.

Update:
Surgery went great. She's comfy, happy, and I should have her home Thursday night. I'll keep posting the updates to FB.
Very faith based hospital. Crucifixes everywhere. And I forgot, and left my copy of The God Delusion in plain site in her room. Hope it doesn't cause a ruckus. Oh well.

Update:
She's a little groggy. Been tapping that morphine button. Still in good spirits, and is looking forward to the workout they'll give her tomorrow. A bit of moving around. Some walking. Workout on the stairs should begin Thursday.

Update Wednesday:
I called Suziema. She had a bad reaction to her pain meds  and spent the morning throwing up. They did get a short walking work-out in for her. She's getting some sleep. I'm getting my domestication on. Did the dishes, laundry. Ran an errand. Have a few more things to do. Going to check in on her early this afternoon. Thanks for all the messages of concern.

Update:
She's off the morphine drip, and that seems to have taken care of the vomiting. They have her on some pain pills for now. Stomach is much better for it. She's in a bit of discomfort from not being able to move around. They had her sit in a chair for an hour this morning, and will have her walking a little this evening. We're hoping to get her home Thursday night, but it might be Friday. She should be climbing some stairs as a  workout tomorrow, and we'll see how that goes. She says "hi" to everyone, but she doesn't feel up to talking much. Going back later tonight. I'll keep you posted. Thanks.

Update:
She just called. Feeling much better and asked me to bring some tasty snacks from home. Things are looking up. Therapy tonight. I gotta run. Suziema needs nibbles...

Update:
Therapy early tomorrow morning. I may check in on her again tonight later. Maybe not. She got up to eat in a chair. The process is involved, to say the least, but she was thrilled to be out of bed. She liked having the snacks. Licorice, fruit roll-ups, raisins, that kind of thing. I sent pics out to some of you on the cell, but can't get them to my FaceBook, or here. If anyone could bounce them back to me online, that would help. Thanks. I'd like to get them on the blog.
It may be Friday before she can get out. She doesn't mind. She wants to get home, but she wants to let it heal.

Update Thursday: She's been working hard on Physical Therapy. The staff at St. Joe's is incredible. I pick her up tomorrow to bring home. There's still a lot that she can't do on her own. A couple of weeks, and she'll be moving around. She's way ahead of the norm for this kind of thing. But I'll be helping her in and out of bed, that sort of thing. For a week or so. I think.

Comments

Aunti di said…
Saint Alex the good keeper of the Susiema!
Thanks for the updates.
Unknown said…
Saint Alex? You take that back!
Aunti di said…
Sir Alex ???????
Unknown said…
I'm always a little cautious of hubris.
Lady Di said…
First Aid box on the way. Sending much needed nibbles and hugs from the Pacific NW.
Unknown said…
Home. Thanks for the stuff.
Unknown said…
Lothar of the Hill PeopleJuly 25, 2013 at 3:31 PM

"Good job, Al!"

We work in the dark. We do what we can.

Popular posts from this blog

Your Intrepid Reporter is Eye-Ball Deep in it Again

Vershire School

The Psychics and My Town