Sleep, Interrupted, The Recurring Dream and Resolution

  I won't be able to capture this.
 
  I have just woken up from what I think is a recurring dream. It feels like I have had it a hundred times before, but I can't be sure. As the dream, in the dream,  it wasn't really a dream, but real. But not snatched at all upon wakening. But, this time, it differed...It ended differently. It unfolded differently. Slightly. Slightly off. But with that slight difference, it made it entirely different.

   There was  a town, a community of drifters, grifters. Artists, story tellers, acrobats. But none of them playing a part. It was part Chautauqua, part Key West, part Western like a classic western saga...a guy rides into town kind of thing. Not at all like any of them. It took place in three dimensions, but not just the normal three dimensions. The action takes place up the walls, on the ceilings....

    It was as if I had been there a hundred times. Knew that the characters would do what they were going to do, but out of the corner of my eye. Not directly, not that I could catch them, or explain to anyone what was going to happen. Just, AHA!...but no one to tell...

   But this time. This one time. I did. Each scenario, and there were hundreds of them, they would unfold and blend into the greater plot, or plan, or whatever.... Or the many separate, unjoined stories, ..But this time. This time I knew. I was aware of something, and was able to tell a few...And they revealed it...and...And I was given my part to play in it. I think. Almost...sort of...Some of the people were familiar to me, almost. Some of the backdrops, and sets were familiar....almost....

 It is the nature of dreams. That I'm not sure that it was even recurring, or a trick of the mind. It was resolved, sort of, this one time, because it may well have been the one time I had it...though it felt as if it had happened over and over.

 It was revealed because I knew. Because I took the veil away, partially, but enough to let them know, that I knew...."Hey, I've seen you before...! and I know what you're going to do next, and I know that over there, this is going to happen."
   In my reality, not the dream, I'm asleep on the couch. The news is on the TV. And the cable news is recycling the shows it showed earlier in the evening. The dreams had nothing to do with stories on the news, but the feeling of going through the motions....a dreamscape deja vu must have had something to with the recurring news stories on the reruns of the day...Maybe. I woke, to the news. To the bathroom, and still foggy, to my keyboard....
   I've had many recurring dreams (I think...such is the nature of dreams...) and always wanted to capture them in words, but always felt them slip away too fast.  Like this.
   Tornadoes. Tornado dreams. I loved them. Danger, but not. I would be caught in the midst of myriad tornadoes and adrift on slabs of broken, unsteadily floating, concrete sidewalks.... and they may or may not segue into flying dreams. Or those may be different nights. Or different moments of the same sequences....
   The teeth dreams. my teeth would all start to collapse and be spit out to the point that I would wake up, spitting them out. Choking on them...Long before I had my real dental issues. I think...And others...

Weedmares, but all restaurant people, well most, are familiar with many versions of those.

Childhood homes that are twisted out of normalcy. Conversations with dead relatives' ghosts, dead, and otherwise departed relatives, and acquaintances. People that are out of my life, one way or another. The kind of dreams that charlatans have exploited for fame and cash...(not me. But you know the crooks. Sylvia Brown, Johnathan Edwards, Van Praagh, and thousands of the lesser known....)

 Tonight's felt familiar, but different. Resolved. Maybe it was no repeat at all. It's own entity. I knew I could never capture it at all, though. But here is my attempt...
 
  I've had a horrible sleep pattern lately. Always. But lately, even worse. An hour here and there, maybe two. Then crash for 13 or so, a few days later. I had one session earlier today. This afternoon, between trips to the hospital for Suziema. One dream was interrupted by a crowd applauding. There was  a foot race. Maybe a marathon. The TV was on. When I woke, it was the throngs around the other hospital, on TV, the Royal couple on the news showing off the new prince...I drifted off again, only to be woken by bombs going off a few minutes later. It was our  huge thunderstorm today...Often snippets of TV would be distorted in my dreams. I would have a distorted audio, and think I was watching something on TV, but when I woke, the show, or the news, or whatever, would be totally wrong for what the dream was. Like the footrace, and crowd applause...The sound would meld into it, but it was something unrelated.

I have much on my plate tomorrow...this morning, and here I am...
I should be off to try again, but I've a few things to check here, now...

BTW, inre the "free will" thread. I don't feel I chose to do this post. I was compelled by circumstance and opportunity. It is serendipitous, and nothing more...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Intrepid Reporter is Eye-Ball Deep in it Again

Vershire School

The Psychics and My Town