Another Musical Interlude: Operatic Drama in Rock and Roll: Some of My Favorite Spine Tinglers


The Elton John thing was running through my mind, so I started putting this together. We'll have to see what YouTube has to offer. There's sort of a theme here, at least  to me, ill-defined as it may be.
I'll be adding to it as time goes on. Watch this space.

Elton John, Funeral For A Friend/ Love Lies Bleeding:

Funeral for a Friend

Lou Reed, Intro/ Sweet Jane (From Rock and Roll Animal):

Sweet Jane

Leon Russell at The Concert For Bangledesh, Jumpin' Jack Flash/ Youngblood:

Youngblood/Jumping Jack Flash

Bruce Springsteen ( I should have the whole The Wild, The Innocent, and The E Street Shuffle album, but this will do nicely) On second thought, I can't pick, and the album goes together as one long operatic piece. And it was here, on YouTube. Anyway, this whole album is my favorite thing out of a great career,  The Boss and the E-Streeters at their peak (Some of this has been replaced by concert footage. I wanted to just put the studio album in here. Not bad, just a little rough.):

The Wild, the Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle

More to come.

Grateful Dead, China Cat Sunflower/ I Know You Rider
And the one LP that always took me away. Maybe cliche', but fuck it, still gives me chills. Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs, Derek & the Dominoes. Any younger folk following this blog? If you haven't heard this, get your ear budz in (or whatever you guys do these days...)

Layla

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Intrepid Reporter is Eye-Ball Deep in it Again

Vershire School

The Psychics and My Town