World Gone Whacko

http://www.eutimes.net/2013/08/putin-orders-massive-strike-against-saudi-arabia-if-west-attacks-syria/

Really? This is so outrageously insane that one would doubt this to be real. But it may well be. The problem is that a sane and powerful country should be able to step into the gap and bring the crazies in the world back from the brink. And that powerful, sane country should be the US. But we're no longer able to fill that role. Not with the Teabag Party. Not with the Christian Taliban. We are just more fuel on the fire.

I just got home. I'm not sure this is real. If it is, we have a world led by the insane. And we let it happen.

Update:
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/European_Union_Times

And...there it is. Putin is not that insane. In my defense, I had (and stated) my doubts.
I still stand by the idea that America has no credibility or ethical or moral standing in the world after we allowed and sanctioned torture. (Well, before then, but most definitely now.)

How do we deal with Assad, how do we claim a right to deal with Syria, when we have no compass of our own?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Intrepid Reporter is Eye-Ball Deep in it Again

Vershire School

The Psychics and My Town