Rotating Suziema's Tires: Newport Lake, Mill Creek Park

    We went to Newport Lake at Mill Creek for our walk today. I'm still amazed by the Park. If you stand in the parking lot at the head of the lake, and to your right is the beginning of the wet-lands area, we went to the left, and started walking on the road, but there was a walking dirt path that led down around the actual lake shore. Suzie was a little scared, the terrain looked rough, but she really wanted to see it. Dirt track, not level, roots and steps, and all. We went all the way down, slowly, frightened sometimes, and walked all the way to under the bridge past the falls. A route that takes you sometimes to the water's edge, up hills, and around rocks,  and through the trees. I shot a few pictures, but I can't send them to my computer yet. We saw a couple of beautiful blue herons, one hunting in the water below the dam, the other standing guard on a buoy above the dam.
  
   We walked back along the road. I'm going to guess over three miles, a mile and a half of it hiking through the "nature walk".

   The plan was to wander through the part of the park near the golf courses, but we never got near them. Stopped in Golden Hunan for an early dinner and the best chicken coconut soup in the area. Too many appetizers, split a dinner, had a couple of beers (Suziema's first in a month), and headed home. She can tell you whatever happened after that. I can't. I passed out.
  
   I'm not doing the park justice. I'm an indoor kind of guy. I find it impossible to paint the picture the park deserves.
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Intrepid Reporter is Eye-Ball Deep in it Again

Vershire School

The Psychics and My Town